Monday, June 1, 2009

That's what's missing!

My kids were watching a movie in the living room. Too loudly, because I could hear the movie in my bedroom, where I was folding the laundry. Jason was outside and smiled at me through the window and it felt like a Perfect Moment. Then I realized that the music on the movie matched the moment perfectly.

Hmmmm......

Is that why life is never as good as a movie? How different would it feel if we had a soundtrack playing for every moment in our lives? Would we recognize Life better? Don't know if this will make a bit of sense to anyone else...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It makes perfect sense. I have often thought that if it weren't for the soundtracks in the movies, no one would watch them because they would look more like ordinary life. Music makes moments more extradorinary. Maybe thats why music can quickly bring us back to another time in our life.

Andresa said...

I agree...it does make great sense. Maybe we should just all always have music of some sort going in the background of our homes at all times, that way, in a way, we always have a soundtrack going. ;0) Don't you just love those perfect moments.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. The music makes it all much more idyllic.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if God provided that music to complete your perfect moment? :) Blessings, Jenny

Tawny said...

Whew, I am glad it made sense. It is kinda weird how much humans love music, huh?

Of course, God loves music too.

It seems so unnecessary though. Sheer pleasure. mmmmm...