Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Still having problems....

So, today my daughter fell in love with a kitten that was born with deformed hips and crawls around on it's stomach. The owner said if they couldn't give it away they were going to put it to sleep.

She wanted to rescue it, very badly. Jason is allergic to cats. He said no. She cried for a long time.

I (in my perfect Christian mother mode, of course) streamed a movie from Netflix and went across the street and got her some candy to distract her. It worked. But Gabriel wanted the candy I got for her instead of what I got for him. So he had just as big a fit about the candy, as she had about the cat. So, I ate his candy to self medicate. I am torn between guilt and going across the street to get some ice cream. For me.

Don't worry, I won't. I already am sick from the candy. :)

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Oh my goodness that is too funny. The part that is too funny is when you ate Gabriels candy. I say that because that's what I would have done.
Good luck on the cat situation, we went through that when Hannah was convinced she was going to get a cat for Christmas. Needless to say we are still cat free.