Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hidden and Secret

So, I am thinking about this "hidden life" thing more. If it applies to all believers, which of course it does, I don't need to be quite so "discerning" as I have been. Jesus will redeem all of us. He will heal all our diseases and complete our lack, remove any deceptions we still have and give us knowledge of Himself. We will all be complete and whole before Him and each other some day. Our weaknesses and blind spots won't last forever. So we don't need worry about those so much. They are temporary, earthly concerns. We can trust that someday, we will all finally "get it". (Usually the one thing I have learned that maybe you haven't yet, ignoring the 82 things that you know and I don't.) I find this relieving, because I don't have to be so concerned about people "getting it". I can love people more freely and trust God WILL fix them someday. Along with me.

I am not saying that there is never a time to encourage or correct a brother or sister in Christ. I am talking about all the stuff that isn't blatant enough for that but still can eat us alive.

On the other hand I do need confess and repent for my sin as God convicts me because Rom 2:16 says, "The day is coming when God, through Christ Jesus, will judge everyone’s secret life."

I so want my secret life to bring Him glory on that day. Help me, Lord!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love this! I was reading today from Patricia Shirer and she said that it is not our responsibility to discover God's will but His responsibility to reveal it, based on Phil 3:5, I think. What a weight he takes off our shoulders if we let Him!!!
Love,
~Cyndi
God Nuggets Blog

Anonymous said...

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for your post! Blessings, Jenny

Tawny said...

Thanks guys!

I looked up Phil 3:5 Cyndi, I don't think that is the right verse. I would love to know what it is if you run across it again.

Unknown said...

Oops! It's Phil 3:15 "Let us therefore, as many as are [mature] have this attitude; and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you. That may be a little weak, but there are also the verses about God speaking to Samuel 3 times until he understood that it was God through Eli, and Jesus kept trying to get through to the the woman at the well until she understood. Revealing God is one of the primary roles of the Holy Spirit. Perhaps that's a little clearer?

Tawny said...

That fits much better. :) I do agree with you, there are tons of verses that allude to the fact that without the Spirit it is impossible to understand anything important and with Him we can learn everything we need to know. I love this verse: John 14:26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

Julene said...

oooohhh, I love that verse too:0)

Anonymous said...

I do this all the time...wondering, worrying, sabotaging. I really just need to relax and release it unto the Lord. Seriously.