Sunday, May 10, 2009

Do you ever find yourself annoying? Or is it just me?

LAST NIGHT

It's windy tonight.

I feel something stirring in my soul.

Something I haven't felt for a very long time.

What is this wonderful feeling, Lord?

This was always my favorite emotion and I don't even know to call it.

An aliveness...

Why am I feeling this again after so many years?

What does this mean?

Are You giving me back my ability to dream?

Can I keep it? I like it!

Only with You, Lord, no other way.

THIS MORNING

Never mind.

It musta just been the wind.

Why is it so hard to keep the right perspective, Abba?

Why does life have to be so hard and long?

Hopefully some worship music on the way to work will help.

I am so fickle Lord, don't I drive You crazy?

3 comments:

Andresa said...

Do I ever find MYSELF annoying??? OH YA!!! I think what I find most annoying about myself is that I too frequently give in to the enemy's ploy...experiencing the wonderful blessing of God's presence...then the enemy tells me I am now too busy with day to day life to be TRULY in His presence...WHAT A LIE!! However, sometimes I bite the bait, and have to take that thought captive to the obedience of Christ. Does that make any sense...yes, I annoy myself! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I know just what you mean! When I was struggling with my depression I was just so sick of myself! Like, shouldn't I have gotten it by now! Thankfully God doesn't get sick of me and keeps working with me to get me through it. He is so good and patient with us!

Tawny said...

I am glad I am not on my own with this, thanks guys. :)