Thursday, April 10, 2008

Tearing Down Idols

Today I feel like the richest woman in the world. I realized something this morning. There is no value in ANYTHING but Christ. He is my glory. He is my treasure. He is ALL THAT MATTERS. And He is mine.

Beauty has been an idol for me for as long as I could remember. THERE IS NO VALUE IN BEAUTY APART FROM CHRIST!!! If we can be beautiful with Him, to His glory.....Hallelujah! If, like me, we aren't mature enough for it....Hallelujah! He is merciful and only gives us what we can handle.

He is the only glory I want. EVER.

So do not worry, saying,"What shall we eat?" or "What shall we drink?" or "What shall we wear?" For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:31-33

4 comments:

michel saunders said...

Ps. 45:11 "The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord."
Our beauty is in Christ AND He thinks we're beautiful:)
Julene

Tawny said...

Yep, and any beauty I try and create for myself is an idol to me. I should take care of myself to be healthy to serve Him but if it is so I can have my own beauty, it is an idol. The beauty He gives us through His Spirit is the only true beauty there is. The rest turns to dust, like everything else.

That is a very cool verse! Thank you.

Andresa said...

Amen to that!!

Katie Adams said...

sweet Tawny, how beautiful you are to me! You represent a dedication to Christ that I long for. I applaud your willingness to share how real you are. We all have faults and the fact that you are willing to share them publicly is amazing. I am new to blogs and am so thankful that yours is my first.....how similar we are my dear friend! Bless you! Katie