Sunday, April 20, 2008

Another Need for Patience

I was taking one of my "I must take a walk and pray, or I will not get through this day" walks. I was fussing at God about something I was frustrated with and the thought came to my mind, "It doesn't have to be perfect, Child, is it good?". And what I was fussing about is very, very good ~just not perfect. I was only fussing because I was wanting perfection.

I don't consider myself a perfectionist either.

So then I started wondering if God didn't put this longing for perfection in humans? Or maybe we were created for perfection and that is why we want it so badly? We all say "I know I will never be perfect" and try to forget about perfection ~but we can't. So what if we just decide to be patient instead?

Everything will be perfect someday. But not because we made it that way. :)

All creation anticipates the day when it will join God's children in glorious freedom from death and decay.
-Rom 8:21

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Niiice!