Friday, April 25, 2008

More Thoughts on Authority

I wish I could communicate all that I am thinking without having to use words. I have been shown very clearly how two people can read the same thing and get completely different meanings out of what they read. It makes me nervous now that I have this blog and all! So I want to spell out a couple things:

0. I keep fluctuating between Church and family, hope you can follow me ok.

1. I am supposed to submit to the authority God has placed over me. Husband, Pastors, Government and my Heavenly King. The Bible says so.

2. I will always choose Jesus, if I have to choose. I think that is ok with Him.

3. I do believe sometimes we will have to choose.

4. That doesn't mean we need to get a divorce.

5. This list is getting a little silly.

6. As brothers and sisters in Christ we are all supposed to submit to each other. To put each other before ourselves. The Bible says so.

7. Do we do that? Sometimes, but it is not something Americans are good at. We can't even do it in our families very well.

8. But God is good, He can change anything.

Ok, check out this cool verse on authority:

God has put all things under the authority of Christ and has made him head over all things for the benefit of the church. -Ephesians 1:22

Jesus is in authority for us. So cool.

I love, love, love, the church. I love Jesus. I want to be a blessing to His people. If I ever sound intolerant on this blog, I am probably being impatient. I get excited about stuff. Email me if I get out of control. I will be sorry and tell you so. Unless I think Jesus wants me to be excited and seemingly out of control. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE THAT HE IS ALWAYS FOR US! Thats the kind of authority I want over me - gives me peace:)
Off the subject, I asked Andresa the same thing, it keeps coming up at Mikes work, what do think predestination means? To what extent does it go and how it works with free will? Curious to know what others think:)

Tawny said...

YIKES, you want to talk about predestination on my blog??? How about yours! just kidding :)

I have no idea how predestination and free will works, that is one of those things where I think "Wow Lord, sure glad You know what this means because it makes no sense to my tiny human self!" and go happily on my way.

For many are called, but few are chosen. Mathew 22:14

Have no idea what that means either but it is right after the parable of the wedding feast. It came to mind, so I thought I would share it but still don't know what it mean. I am just thankful I am called and chosen!

I know, I answered all your questions huh? :)

Anonymous said...

"If I ever sound intolerant on this blog, I am probably being impatient. I get excited about stuff. Email me if I get out of control. I will be sorry and tell you so. Unless I think Jesus wants me to be excited and seemingly out of control. :)"

I am SO printing this out and putting it on my forehead for my husband to read!!! LOL! This is SO me, but so not him....and I think this just summed up how to explain me to him in one tiny little paragraph!!!