Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Definition of Submission

I looked up the Greek definition of submission used in Eph. 5 and this is what I got: This word was a Greek military term meaning "to arrange [troop divisions] in a military fashion under the command of a leader". In non-military use, it was "a voluntary attitude of giving in, cooperating, assuming responsibility, and carrying a burden".

If we love someone, man or woman, we want to help them. We want them to grow in knowing and loving our Lord. We want to share what we have with them, physically (as in food and clothes, of course) emotionally and spiritually. We are commanded in the Bible, "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others." (Phil 2:3-4) We are to die to ourselves and live for God and others. All of us, men and women.

I am not saying I love that way, but that is something we all should be striving for.

Men and women.

Together.

Living for God.

Ok, I think that is all I have to say about that for the moment.

I did change my last post about 82 times and may do it some more, so if you didn't agree with it, you may want to read it again and see if God has changed my mind yet or not. :)

2 comments:

michel saunders said...

Hey I tried to leave a comment last night and it wouldn't work. Like this! I did reread your last post (must not be mad at the hubby anymore:) You two do make a good team!Julene

Tawny said...

I wonder if it won't let you post if I am working on it? I was on here a little last night. I don't know. I try to clean up my post and get to the heart of what I was trying to say after a couple days. I probably should do that before I post them, but that wouldn't be as much fun. :)