Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Pleading

I had a horrible dream last night. I dreamed my oldest son was going to kill me. He was looking me right in the eyes and had a gun and a knife. I pleaded with him not to do this and when I knew he was going to, I asked if I could pray for him first. And I prayed that God would convict his heart towards Him, and that he would repent for his hard heart towards God.

I was very surprised how much my concern was for Devin in my dream, and not myself. I actually forgot about it until I was reading my Bible this morning and read these verses: And you know that we treated each of you as a father treats his own children. We pleaded with you, encouraged you, and urged you to live your lives in a way that God would consider worthy. For he called you to share in in his Kingdom and glory. ~1 Thes 1:11-12

I had these verses underlined already because there aren't a lot of verses in the Bible that tell us specifically how to be parents. I love that this is what fathers are supposed to be doing. And I don't think God will mind if mothers attempt to parent in this way as well.

Have no idea why I dreamed that last night though. Hopfully I have just been watching too much TV lately....


**Update**
Later in the day I remembered the TV show I had watched that was very similar to my dream. Need to be more careful!

No comments: