Sunday, March 29, 2009

All the things I forgot to say...

Jason had to work last night and I was dying to go to church, so I went without him. (He has to sleep Sunday morning.) My ten year old and my eight year old wanted to go to "big people" church with me and I thought, "why not?". I told them they might get bored but they would have to be quiet and stay anyway. My ten year old was very good. My eight year old was not.

I didn't think to tell Gabe he would also need to sit still. And if he dropped the one little toy I told him he could bring in, that he couldn't jump up, hit the back of the lady in front of him, run over the lady sitting beside him, and snatch it out of the isle, especially while the pastor was looking our direction.

I also thought he already knew not to put his feet on the chairs if he had shoes on. And if he takes his shoes off, he really shouldn't swing them around by the shoelaces in church.

Oh, and I forgot that when he yawns, he also adds this very loud noise with his voice. I think he has always done that, so he didn't understand why I was spanking him with my eyes the three or four times he did that!

IF he ever comes with me again, I apparently need to explain the difference between church and the movie theatre.

It was all very embarrassing. And he is grounded from all things electronical today.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i soooo know how that is LOL--when i make it through my church service--it is always the one peaceful time while my son is in sunday school--but my 1 hour of peaceful time with HIM-and maybe that is why i have such a hard time making it through the service--my son is "7" and i soo try to avoid bringing him into service with me if i can help it :)
wen

Anonymous said...

That's a funny story! I have 9 and 12 year old girls. The older one has always been able to sit still well, even when she was little, but the younger one really hates it! She always begs to go to the kid's classes, even if we are visiting someone else's church!

Blessings! Jenny

Andresa said...

Very funny!! I have one like that too. My 16 year old son and my 6 year old daughter sit still VERY good (they even stay quiet)...my almost 8 year old son however could not sit still in church if his life depended on it...I like the spanking with my eyes comment...I guess I am not very good at it, he just looks at me with that perplexed look on his face, shrugs his shoulders and says "whaaa?"

Anonymous said...

Please know that parents think it is worse then the people sitting around you. This is the best post I have read all week. Thank you. You are a great story teller. You are a great mom and I think you are doing a great job at raising your kids.

Tawny said...

I am glad you guys feel my pain. And Kristi, thank you for the encouragement. Ron (the pastor) didn't seem upset with me this morning so maybe God veiled his eyes. :) I mostly felt bad if I distracted him while he was speaking.

Unknown said...

Love the spanking with your eyes!

Anni said...

Hey Tawny,
I love your raw honesty. It also made me laugh!! You are a good mom.
This blog stuff is kind of fun. See what you've started! :)