Monday, March 31, 2008

His Strength, My Weakness

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Cor 12:9

Since the Retreat, I have been thinking about the verse Nancy shared with us in her session. The translation she used said "My gracious favor is all you need". I loved that because what could we possibly want more than His favor??? I want to make Him smile. I have always been so sad about the time in Noah's day when He was "grieved" He made man. I don't want to grieve Him, I want to delight Him.

So I ended up reading those verses again this morning. I was thinking about how I want so badly to turn my weaknesses into strengths for Him. But is that even what He wants from me? Do I decide what needs to be changed and fixed in my life, or does He? Now, He has changed a LOT of stuff about me (you can ask my husband or my sister if you want to be sure) but there are things in my life I am very frustrated about because I feel like I am weaker than I should be.

So then I am wondering, do all of us do that? Spend tons of energy trying to change our weaknesses into strengths for God's glory when He never even asked us to? Maybe doesn't even want us to? Maybe we are supposed to be boasting about our weaknesses, instead of trying to hide them? Maybe even rejoicing because God's power works through our weakness?

Father, teach me what all of this means!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are totally right - what a refreshing perspective :-) I love you, my friend. Thank you for working through all these fun spiritual details of life alongside me!