Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ugg...

I am not good at this denying myself stuff. I got on the computer last night. I was bored and cranky and pretty much out of control with every area of my life. I yelled at my kids, ate a bunch of cookies I didn't even want and then came and got on the computer. Not for long. Jason came and told me the longer I was on here the worse I would feel and made me get off. So I went and ate some more cookies. Good thing I am not fasting! :)

I am going to restart again today. I didn't check my emails before I got on here to confess my failures and I am getting off right now!

Oh and I also have to complain that there was a big tub of yogurt in my cupboard this morning, I guess I should have been paying a little bit more attention as my children put the groceries away, but really, they don't know yogurt goes in the fridge yet???

It may be a VERY long day! I better go pray some more...

2 comments:

Rev. Preston L. Solomon said...

Your honesty is refreshing and it ministers to me in a way that platitudes and mottos do not. I am tired of the cliche' religion of my ancestors, where everything that happens is oversimplified and underanalyzed and explained away without examination. I too am in a weird place that is calling me to deal with my "stuff" and my inability to be the person I aspire to. I am glad that there is hope and I am comforted that the promise of God is that he is right here with me... even in my frustration and failings... I take great comfort in that! Bless you for your postings!

Tawny said...

Thank you so much for your thoughtful comment and encouragement! It made me happy. :) It is amazing how we can take something so wonderful as the Creator of the universe loving us passionately and being willing to dwell within us and abide with us and make it stuffy and ineffective and boring! I grew up that way, for sure and question EVERYTHING now.