Thursday, January 22, 2009

Choices

Whew, I am feeling better. My fears have been alleviated. I love it when one takes a risk and the results are much better than expected. I still need to do better at praying before I start talking though. (more prayer, less talk, more prayer, less talk...)

I have been wanting to blog about something for a while. I don't have much time before hopefully guitar hero gets turned off (I loathe it) and Jason and I can watch a movie.

I caught part of a sermon and the pastor read the story of Mary and Martha and his translation of the Bible said, "but only one thing is necessary". And I thought, really? Only being with Jesus is necessary? THAT IS SO STINKING COOL!!!!!

What do you think is necessary? I mean really? Dinner or quiet time? Prayer or TV? Safety or obedience? Love or protection? I think we chose the lesser things time and time again.

Maybe it's just me....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE that the most important thing is being with Jesus. It makes me think about Him being the groom and us the bride, we could be all wrapped up in the details of the wedding or we could be all wrapped up in being with the GROOM!

Tawny said...

Thank you, Julene I loved this comment. Another wonderful thing is we have a groom that is big enough to adore us and also plan the most wonderful wedding ever!