Monday, August 4, 2008

Singing Hearts

At the beginning of the Simulcast, we sang that song that says, "And I'm gonna praise you for the rest of my days". I realized I have not been rejoicing in God the way I was. I have gotten used to being a little bit happier and healthier, emotionally, and become ungrateful for all God has done in my life. I haven't been dreadfully anxious, but I have been letting my concerns steal some of my joy. I need to remember to trust Him completely so I can praise and rejoice in my heart. I also know that even if He never does one more thing for me, the rest of my time on earth, He has done enough to deserved my praise for the rest of my days.

This is from Ephesians 5 and how I want to learn to live: Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Teach our hearts to sing for You, my Lord!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That verse from Ephesians 5 with a heart that makes music and sings, is such a beautiful picture of being at peace and filled with gratefulness to God. Your post is wonderful motivation to find new ways to praise God today for His many blessings. Bless you.

mandy said...

i LOVE when they do that song!!!

especially breaking it down to the four parts. niiiiiice

Anonymous said...

It has been my recent prayer to be able to praise God like David praised God (after all, he was a man after Gods own heart:) I was looking for something that I had read so I would not misquote but didn't find it:( So here it goes "praise prepares us for Gods presence" Not that He isn't always there, we just are in a position to see Him, feel Him, regognize Him when we have a heart and mouth of praise! I also came across this verse that I need to tuck away in my heart for 'heavier times' Is. 61:3 "To console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified."

Cahya said...

Thank to God for the comfort.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I found it! Ps 22:3 "But You are Holy , Enthroned in the praises of Israel." My bible has a little commentary thats called Kingdom Dynamics and it says "The presence of God's kingdom power is directly related to the practice of God's praise" - "Praise prepares a specific and present place for God among His people"

Anonymous said...

What Bible is that?

Anonymous said...

New King James, I didn't take the time to look in different trans.

Anonymous said...

I meant what kind of study Bible. (The study part) :) We can talk about it next time we talk on the phone. :)