Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Running With Him

I bawled my head off on the way to work today. I was begging God to make me completely His. To use me for His kingdom. To do whatever He wants with me, as long as it is pleasing to Him. I do NOT want to live for the things of this life. The things that won't last. I don't want to care about how my car looks, or my body looks or my house looks. I don't want to care about what people think about me or even what I think about me. I want Him to cut the ties of all of that earthly stuff so I can run freely in the path of His commands. I want to serve Him and serve Him well. I want to run with Him and do His will and give Him pleasure. I want to truly live for Him and not myself. I do not know how to live like this. I will have to trust that He will answer my prayers and purify my heart and lead me to this place of joy and freedom. I don't want to go there alone. I want to go there with His people.

Thank you to the people who are already with me. I cherish you.

I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free. Psalms 119:32

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the running imagery, and especially the verse. I'm quite certain that God wants nothing more than to grant you the desires of your heart. After all, they are His desires, and He put them there. Now we just get to wait, watch and marvel at our great God as He fulfills them!

Anonymous said...

Tawny, you have such a beautiful heart. I love you, Marnie

Anonymous said...

Oh Tawny, I am so right there with you. Seriously...right beside you. I have no where else to be.

Anonymous said...

Great one tonight, I always look and read them, so do enjoy them so very much, it always helps me in my road to focusing on the lord and not going on the wrong path, so just wanted to let you know, looking forward to bible study again, missed it, of course will be going Thusday evenings, but do think of you often, God Bless D