Sunday, August 10, 2008

Adventure





I love adventure.

We just spent a lovely weekend at the Ocean.

We got to Brookings and our Bronco started making a weird noise and our tire was being held on with ONE lug nut instead of FIVE. I had prayed before we left. I have never done that before. (Not out loud with the family as we were driving out of town anyway.) I thought it was very interesting that we broke down 15 minutes before closing time, right by a tire store. The manager had them stay an hour late and fixed it for us.

Since the alternative was having an accident while we were driving down the mountain, I was very happy with my God.

My adventure longing is satisfied.

For the moment.

It got me thinking though. What is the real adventure of Life? What sorts of adventure should I be seeking? What are the adventures that really mean something?

As humans we have so many choices in how we spend our time and thoughts.
I know we are called to follow Christ. I know we are called to love those around us everyday and that isn't easy. Is there more? What am I missing?

I am so glad God isn't boring.....


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an amazing story of God's protection and an amazing answer to prayer - even down to the place that you broke down - right by the tyre store and just before closing! So good!

Beautiful photos of the ocean.It looks like you had a lovely weekend :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Birgit, my photos can't compare to yours, though! :)

Angie said...

So glad you were all OK. God does have His angels with us! We've had many experiences like that (scary to say), but in each one I know God was there. And even at times God has put us in a situation to help others and that is great to be the helper for others. (one lady out loud thanked God for sending her 2 angels - Gabriel & Angela to save her on the side of the road - it was funny!) Nice pix - I love the Oregon coast - beautiful!!! Glad you made it home safely. =)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it is so cool when we KNOW God did somthing to protect or provide for us. Gabriel & Angela go so cute together! :)