Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Unity

What is unity?

This weekend I felt so connected to God and His women. We had one goal and one purpose; to join together in being His, seeking Him individually and corporately.

Now I am home. My boys want to play video games. My daughter is at a friend's house. My husband is getting ready for a trip this weekend.

Everyone at work is busy, doing their jobs.

I feel lonely. Disjointed, disconnected, dissatisfied. Sad.

How are we supposed to live our daily lives for God? With God? With His people? What should it look like? What should it feel like? How much is enough? How much is too much? Can there ever be too much of Him?

Are the little glimpses of unity worth the pain of realizing how not united we are the rest of the time?

I guess I have to trust Him with what is...

3 comments:

Andresa said...

OOO, I love your new background...I almost want to steal it...but now you are making me want to check out if they have anything new for me too ;-)

I can so relate with your blog, I was almost in tears today driving to a funeral thinking about the fact that since I have been home, I have been tooo busy for that "quiet" time, and instead of MY husband getting ready to leave, it's me and my little ones...I wish I had all the answers to all the questions....but I HAVE found that God has really been good and gracious to me in that, while my heart and soul yearns for Him, it really has not mattered how busy I am, HE still fills me with His presence. Erik and I just watched something a bit ago, and the pastor said, "it's like I have the cure for cancer, and nobody will accept the cure". That's how I feel....this presence is "the cure for cancer" and why can't we all take the cure for our cancer together, and build each other up and encourage one another....am I rambling....am I even relating to what you are saying with this response....ahhh....maybe I am more tired than I thought! Love you!!

Tawny said...

I love how your blog looks right now too. :)

I realized I didn't make myself horribly clear in this post. I am still feeling connected with God, just not with His people. Well, I have been fussing and whining at Him enough anyway. :)

It is more I am longing, longing for the church to be really connected with each other. Talking about deep, important things. Sharing our lives, sharing our hearts. It's killing me.

But I will probably be fine tomorrow. :) I am fickle like that.

Anonymous said...

i understand where you are coming from in this post--something i struggle with too--well you know i struggle with my connection with HIM--but i also struggle with connection with other "christians" in church--just doesn't seem like we all mesh like we used too if you know what i mean--that is what i like about us bloggers being brought together by HIM :) thanks for you tawny.