Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bleeding gums

Well, my friends are starting to email me to make sure I am ok, so I thought I better update everyone. My mood is better but I have some p word, gum disease, awfulness. So today I got poked in the gums 88 times or more and next week I get to go in to get my roots planed. Can't wait. Then after that, I get to get my wisdom teeth pulled. I was trying not to cry (since the gum doctor guy goes to TRF, I should try to not have a fit, right? I did tell him that poking people in the gums would be a good form of torture though) and praying and kept thinking about this verse, 1 Peter 4:1 Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because he who has suffered in his body is done with sin. Do you think dental work counts?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep your chin up (no pun intended when you have your dental work :) )
will keep you in my prayers and may you heal quickly---at least you get it all down and out of the way, right???
blessings to you--and let me know how it all turns out
wen

Elaine said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry about all that. Sounds very painful. I will be thinking of you and sending you lots of healing thoughts and prayers.
Love
Elaine

Andresa said...

You are so cute with all your "get to's"! I will truly be praying for you in this wonderful process of yours....do you think this has anything to do with testing your "irritated" level? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh so sorry that is no fun. I think it counts by the way, but that is just my opinion. Hope you get it all done with and over soon, until then stay strong and focus on the positives.

tawny said...

Thanks for all the love and comments. I am feeling much better about the whole thing today. It's only pain, right?

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about having to go to the dentist! That's one of my least favorite places to be given that I have had lots of work done over the years!

We watched the Passion of the Christ (closed my eyes during all the horrible parts) this past weekend when I visited my sister, so that verse comes to life for me and helps me with the things I am struggling with now.

Thanks for reminding me! :)

Love, Jenny