Thursday, April 1, 2010

Kinda strange but I like it!

I have been running very hot and cold with the blogging lately. Sorry about that. Our Women's Retreat is in a week and a half and I have been super busy. I wanted to get on here this morning and write about a verse I can't quit thinking about though.

Psalm 85:10Steadfast love and faithfulness meet; righteousness and peace kiss each other.

I have been on a quest for peace the last month or so and I keep thinking about this verse. What does it mean Lord? The only thing I have come up with is that from His unfailing love and faithfulness, He gives us His righteousness and His peace, if we are His. It may mean more, but that is what I have been thinking about.

I keep picturing righteousness and peace being strong enough and comfortable enough to kiss in my soul. And yes, I do find that a little weird but what a wonderful thing to think about. For so long, I did not understand that Jesus gives us His righteousness and I was in despair, knowing I would never have any of my own. And as far as peace goes, that would be just as impossible without Him. If you know me at all you know I am not a peaceful person on my own.

I LOVE how He gives us what we are so desperate for! And that is after He makes us desperate for the truly good stuff in the first place...

Philippians 2:13 For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.

2 comments:

Andresa said...

OK, so I have a tendency to look at things, I guess you would say, a little "abstractly", so when I real this verse, it's almost a repeat of itself: mercy and truth, righteousness and peace...so, I think to myself...His mercy brings us righteousness and His truth brings us peace and they "meet" and "kiss" which signifies a level of intimacy and to me intimacy is unity or oness, which is a long way to say they are so intertwined with each other they cannot be seperated....PRAISE THE LORD!!! That information in and of iteself brings me such a level of faith and peace and yes, hope and love as well and just reminds me how huge our God is and when I stop trying to understand the depth of it all realizing I cannot ever understand it until I am in heaven, then I can rest in it. Am I making any sense at all????

tawny said...

Totally makes sense! I read this comment in line at Walmart and it made me quite happy. :) I love how important love and unity is to Him! Thanks Andresa, loved your thoughts on this!