Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Shhh....

I have been reading some books on spiritual disciplines recently and I am very intrigued. I have decided to focus on a different discipline each month in 2010. I am very excited about it actually. I chose disciplines that I would like to make part of my everyday life anyway. Some of them I already do, but I will try to make them more intense or different during the month I focus on that discipline. I figure since I lived through 2009 (it was a very hard year for me) I can pretty much do anything, through Christ. Oh, yeah, the Bible mentions something like that, huh? :)

In January, I am going to practice silence. Internet silence, to be specific. Only when I am at home though. I need to check my emails at work but I am feeling like that is the noisiest part of my internal life at home. Not to mention my favorite way of wasting time. I would LOVE to add TV silence, but that won't go well with submitting to my husband's desires. :)

So, if I don't immediately get back to you when you email me, you will know why. I will still blog, I just won't be able to check my comments...

And I am PRACTICING, so if I fail, I will just get back up and start over. It will not be the end of the world and it won't mean I am a complete and utter failure. That is why this can be fun instead of extreme torment and torture.

3 comments:

Darla said...

Since this is New Years Eve, you still have today to check your messages, right?

I think your idea is COOL. What a great idea. I know this January one will be costly for you. Share with us what you felt you learned the most during the silence. Can't wait to hear.

Tawny said...

Yep, I am going to be on the computer as much as possible today! :)

Jason says he senses an epic fail coming on about this venture of mine. :) We'll see.

I will blog about this for sure. Hopefully I won't just be whining and complaining. :)

Julene said...

I am excited for you! I guess we are doing something similar, I canceled our TV starting Jan. Mike wanted to see the games on the 1st and then its gone!! I am very happy, he is unsure but agreeable.