Thursday, June 12, 2008

Wanting More.....Again.

I have been feeling very restless the last couple of days. I have been reading that book "Same Kind of Different as Me". It is very inspiring. It makes me want to do more for God. Talking to Jason about God stuff has been very exciting. But I am longing for more. What, I am not completely sure.

When I was in the Army and used to love to run, sometimes I would start complaining in my head and want to quit. After a while, I realized that if I picked up my pace a little, I would be fine. I would be going fast enough that I could just focus on my breathing.

That is how I am feeling right now. I am not running fast enough. I am not doing enough that really matters.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I figured out how to leave a comment. I think the problem may be that "post a comment" is in a color that is almost invisible.

Tawny said...

Thanks Samantha. I can't figure out how to change that color! Julene has been leaving them, but they won't go through for her now. I don't know what the deal is.

Jennifer...aka: Jen or "MOMMM!" said...

I don't even know where to start! I have felt like this for a while now and am not sure what do about it. I was thinking it was b/c I can't talk to my husband about Jesus or what I feel Him doing in my life. I feel like there is something big going on, but I'm not fully participating in it, and am not really how to. Anway, I'm wanting to do A LOT more of living for the Lord and A LOT less "just thinking about it." (if that makes sense)

Tawny said...

Totally makes sense, Jen. I feel the same way. I am very grateful for the learning and growing I have had, now I want to be DOING! He will lead us. There aren't tons of people chomping at the bit to do His will, I don't think. :)

Anonymous said...

This for me is true in the sense of making the right kinds of choices. Like I am "doing" A LOT...but am I doing "the right"? I have been really make aware lately of how much time I waste and how much shuffling I do from one stupid thing to the next and I think that especially here, the enemy uses distraction to get us to do nothing. But it is all about surrender, you know?

Tawny said...

Yeah Kristi,
A lot of it is about surrender. My problem is I don't realize I am wasting time or doing something stupid until afterwards. Sometimes I do, but not much anymore. Ah well, we are a work in progress. God won't give up on us. :)