Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Life stuff




Well, one of the exciting changes in my life right now is my husband and I are actually doing some things, instead of just talking about them. We shut off our cell phone, changed our cable package (we just have Internet and phone), and sold our standard poodle, Sofi. She was my dog but we figured out she was costing us like, $400 a year! So Sunday we met some people in Union Creek (they are from Bend) and sold her for enough to buy a little, lower-maintenance dog. The people live on a farm and she is doing really well and having lots of fun learning that she can't chase chickens. (The picture of her is at their house, on Sunday) I am going to cancel netflix this weekend too. It is weird how we talk about things for years and never do them, and then all of a sudden do. I am sad about my dog, but I know we are making the right decision. Gabe's turning eight tomorrow and Dev will be turning 12 on the 2nd of October so we are going to be in Birthday madness for the next week or so. Parties, my favorite! (If any of you don't know me very well and care enough to still be reading, I better tell you, I hate planning parties with a passion.) I am hoping once all of this is over I will have time to start blogging again, since I find it extremely fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say...I HATE PLANNING PARTIES TOO!! You must be my long lost sister! :-) How have you been in general? I closed my blog, but I have a myspace blog now..I am finding it easier to keep in touch with family in other states that way...anyway, if you ever want to check it out, it is www.myspace.com/alj95525 Andresa

Anonymous said...

I so admire people who do things like disconnect from our media comfort foods. (I stole that comment from the "No other gods" study!) She is talking about this very thing in week 3 of the homework. I am feeling convicted about certain things I watch that I have always just thought of as romantic comedies but some of them promote alot of things that are really wrong. Then, with the ecomony the way it is, we are being forced to reevaluate how we spend our money and I think God is using that to our advantage too. Freeing up our lives for more room for Him and His will.

Anonymous said...

Hey Andresa, I will have to go check you out. :) I hope you are doing well and enjoying your house!

Yep, Darla I do think God is refining us. I like it! :)